Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Intro

For those of you that know me, you know that I am terrible at writing letters, journal writing, and pretty much anything that requires writing down my thoughts or feelings. I have made several attempts, yet fail miserable after a few weeks or so.

Now that we have started a family it has sparked a brand new desire to keep a record of things. I want my son and any of our future children to have something to look back at and know how mom and dad were feeling and be able to read stories that Jaime and I share about them. So I have decided that I am going to make an honest effort to try and keep this updated on a regular basis. Plus it will be nice for our family near and far to be able to keep up on our lives and hopefully feel that they can be involved.

As most of you know, Jaime and I found out that we were pregnant in late May, early June of 2007. We were very excited. Yet a little nervous since we just decided that the best thing for us would be to be wait until I get out of school, and then we could start our family. I suppose the Lord had other plans in store for us. We were blessed to find out that I was pregnant with a little baby boy. The night I got to come home and share the news with Jaime and my Dad is one that I will never forget. They were both so excited about the pregnancy and were talking about all the things they could do with a son and a grandson.

I started seeing a new OBGYN, he informed me that it was his procedure on all new patients to do an in office ultrasound on their first visit. I was about 14 weeks along. He asked me what we wanted I said just as long as it is a healthy baby we will be happy, but my husband would be thrilled with a boy. He smiled and said that he couldn’t say for certain, but looking at this ultrasound he would say he is about 90% sure that my husband was going to get his wish. He pointed out to me on the screen what appeared to be his “package”. I couldn’t wait to get home and share the news. Everyone was so excited. It was a nice memory that I will always cherish. About 6 weeks after that we went to the official ultrasound appointment and confirmed what the doctor said; we were having a boy.





Zane is only a few months old, but has enriched our lives so much!! We are so grateful for our little miracle from God.

Here are a few pics of our little man when we were in the hospital shortly after birth!





No comments: