Thursday, June 19, 2008

5 months and growing!!

It has been a while, so I am going to try and catch up in the next few days. Zane turned 5 months old on June 5th. He is growing so much!!




I took these pictures on his 5 month birthday. ;) Zane loves his little walker. He is learning how to maneuver it around really well. This is helping him build lots of leg strength. When he is on the tile in the kitchen he gets that thing up to a run. All the poor doggies and any bare feet better watch out or else he will run them right over. I will tell you from personal experience that it hurts.



Zane also really loves his Johnny Jumper. He can get in there and amuse himself for quite a while. He is right at eye level with the dogs, so he giggles and laughs as they go by. He loves his little four-legged sisters and cousins.

The latest milestone we are happy to announce is that he can sit on his own. Yeah!! He is learning so quickly. He still has those moments when his huge head gets too heavy and he does a face plant. Although for the most part, he is working well on his balance. Also there are times that he will be sitting there and he will rock forward onto his elbows and knees. So maybe soon he will pick up the concept of crawling.



Zane is growing so fast!! It sorta makes me sad. I have already had to pack away a few boxes of clothes and things that he has grown out of. I am excited to experience all the new and exciting things with him, yet the reality that my first little boy isn't going to be small forever is starting to set in. Sometimes it is so easy to get overwhelmed by life that I forget to savor the moment. I am really going to try to make that a focus in our lives. We love him so much and he has been such a blessing to our lives and our marriage. I can not thank God enough for sending Zane to our family.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Tami, I love reading your blog, you are a very good storyteller! Keep it up.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

I LOVE the pics! He just has the widest smile! It's contagious! He's an early sitter. Sounds like he'll be an ambitious little boy! You two are such great parents for him. He's a doll!

The Davis's said...

Cute pictures! He is a very cute little thing!