Monday, January 24, 2011

Many laughs.

Yesterday I went out to visit with Nadine and Jaime stayed home with the boys. I totally appreciate his help when I need some girl time. It is very nice. However, Zane gave daddy a taste of what I deal with all week long. He he. I called Jaime on my way home to see how things went and if he needed anything of course he tells me no things are fine, but I could hear that he was a little frustrated in his voice, so I asked him what was wrong. He tells me that Zane stuffed a rock up his nose and Jaime couldn't get it out. I immediately laughed.. this didn't help the situation, but all I could picture was Mandy and her eraser incident from when we were kids and the image still makes me laugh to this day. Anyhow apparently, the rock Zane chose to put up his nose was similar to the shape of an arrow as Jaime put it. Narrow on one end and wider on the other. Of course Zane chose to put the wider end in first, so Jaime was scared he wasn't going to get it out. I didn't get all the detail, just that it was out and Zane was sitting on the couch with the threat that if he touched rocks again he was in big trouble. (LOL.. telling Zane not to touch rocks is comical since as a 3 yr old boy they are fun toys. I figured maybe we could start with something small like don't put rocks in your nose or don't put them in your mouth and nose..instead of just cold turkey..he he) We will see how long that lasts. However all worked out well; I was just happy to hear that the rock was retrieved without any trips to the hospital. To be honest, a little piece of me was happy to know that Daddy got to experience a small portion of what Mommy does on a daily basis. Gotta love the hours of entertainment that kids offer.

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

:) He, he, he... :) I LOVE your family picture at the top of your blog, so beautiful!

Packer Family said...

There was no need to bring up the eraser incident. That was a long time ago, and sometimes it is interesting to find out what will fit! Glad all turned out well!